Mission: MTC Week 1

Friends and Fam, HALLO!

The MTC is great! It's a lot but its great! Here are some questions that everyone wants answered:
Zuster Acheson with Zusters Hardy and Broyles and the Lovell Family

1) Preparation Day is on Thursday
2) I am not in the new buildings. I am on the top floor of an old building and we have to take the stairs. 
3) The food here is pretty good. It's teenage boys heaven with endless food and soda. But the food here is only great for 2 days, then your body does not like it.
4) My comps are Zuster Hardy, from St. George, and Zuster Broyles from Tuscon. They are awesome and super great
5) Dutch is soooooooo hard, but also good. There’s so much English and German in there. French does not help me, but I at least know how to learn a language. It's kinda coming. I can pray in Dutch and say little things.
6) I've seen so many people here! I saw my friend Jethro Davis who just left for Montreal on Monday, my old dentist Dr. Braithwaite, Eli Miller, my old roommate Lauren Bade, Missy Lou, Ali Barnett, Sidney Schiess, and a few neighbors when they were taking the MTC tour! I also got to see my best friend Bekah Roberts and Juleah Roberts at the BYU Health center for some visa stuff!! I love you both!!!
7) There are 27 Dutch missionaries this transfer. My district is the only district with elders going to Trinidad. There are 6 of them and the trio (Me and my comps) love them, but they are a handful. 

Tuesday​​​​​​​​​​ we had to have lab tests for our visas to Belgium. Tuesday was not the happiest day for the Dutch missionaries. 

Our desks in our dorm.  My desk is on the left.


Fun fact: An elder in my district when to Timpview with me, Elder Heimdal. But so far I am the one who lives closest to the MTC. It's hard to beat 4 blocks.  I can see my backyard from our top floor class room.  

It's hot and sunny here so I've already gotten burned from playing Volleyball outside. I also go hit in the face with the ]olleyball... Lets just say I do better in 4-square.

Your Dutch for the week is the Heilige Geest. That is the Holy Ghost is Dutch, but you say G's like you have a hair ball. So it sounds like hi-le-huuuuh hhhhhaist.  Dutch is not a romantic language. Oh well. I hope my French stays intact. 

Also baptism in Dutch is de doop (pronounced dope). We all say it all the time. 

The choir here is awesome.

Well I hope that you all are having a great day! We did laundry today and are going to the temple later! We are SO excited to go to the temple!!!!!!

I have no funny quotes this week because everything I say everyone thinks is the funniest thing they've ever herd. It's sad the lack of humor people have in their lives. 

Feel free to email me anytime! I can check all week long, but only reply on Thursdays! 


And you can always send me stuff too! Hopefully my mom will put in my address because I don't remember it!

   
Zuster Acheson's mom leaving a love note while on the MTC tour



My companions: Zuster Hardy and Zuster Broyles

On P-day emailing our families and friends

Comments

Popular Posts