Week #12 in Gent, Belgium and a Transfer Call to Heerlen, Netherlands

Hello friends and Fam,

Transfer calls were on Saturday and we found out that Gent is being closed for sisters missionaries, for now. There are not enough missionaries coming into the mission to support four sister cities in Belgium, so they are closing Gent for sister for now. There will still be Elders here, just no Sisters.

Sister Weber is going to Amsterdam with Sister Erickson who was in my MTC group and I am going up to the Netherlands right in between Germany and Belgium, it's called Heerlen and I'll be with my MTC companion Sister Broyles again! I'm super sad to be leaving Belgium, but I am super excited to be with Sister Broyles again!!!

Ok, onto last week. 

Last week for P-day we went to the city of Leper and saw some WW1 sites. The museum we wanted to go to was closed so we improvised.


This week was Thanksgiving! No one here celebrates it except for Black Friday sales. But that didn't stop us from celebrating! We had a 4 sister exchange with Sister Klenk and Sister Mangum, who is going home this week! The Elders were also on exchange so we had a few different faces around the table.

We ate dinner at the church and it felt just like real a Thanksgiving. Out here, other missionaries are really your family, so it was such a blessing to be gathered and sharing a meal. It felt like home.

This week we had a few referrals from some of our online campaigns put on by the mission so we looked them up. I am learning fast how to use a map and how to use the spirit. 

We went to a little town called Aalst this week and I taught my real first lesson with a woman who teaches religion. It was a super cool experience though. After the lesson we were determined to knock around and get some potentials, but the spirit told us no. We've been so confused on why we haven't been getting new investigators when we've been handing out Books of Mormon all the time, knocking on doors, fasting, praying, and fighting for our investigators. But it all made sense when we got our transfer call. The Lord was preparing Gent to be closed and preparing the people to be contacted for when the city reopens. 

I really hope that I am able to come back to Gent. I know I will. I have met some life changing people here who I love with all my heart.

We had a miracle yesterday at church.  I gave a talk in Dutch! It was on daily scripture study, that was not the miracle. The miracle was that we had 3 investigators in church. We've had no one since we baptized Bea, but my favorite investigators, Anita and Alana showed up and they stayed for all 3 hours of church. Alana, who is 9, and I went to primary and colored and ate candy and apples and sang. Primary is the place to be y'all. Anita really enjoyed Sunday School and relief society. It's been such a blessing to work with Anita and Alana. Both of their faith have grown so much. I know that this Gospel of Jesus Christ is a Gospel of healing. The church is not for perfect people. It's a place for people who are trying to change their lives and come closer to Christ. I am so thankful that I am able to change my life because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. There is no way I can repay him, So I will do my best to serve him.

This week was full of yummy treats, lots of contacting, lots of prayers and answers. I love my mission and am so thankful that I came out here. 

For anyone who is thinking of going on a mission, just do it. The preparation is worth it, even if you don't go. The people you will meet on your mission will change you and you will have the time of your life. A mission is how God converts you, not you converting people. 

Sorry for the long email. It's dramatic one, but eh, that's Sister Acheson for you!

Have a great week! I have to Close a city.


Love,


Zuster Acheson

                   

Comments

Popular Posts