Week #10 in Antwerpen, Belgium

Hallo idereen!
With my beautiful Anita

Highlights of the week were:
This week was jam packed with things!!
We found 3 families
Had Zone Conference
Broke my bike 
We both sang at a stake Relief Society Activity

The Weather was a little cooler this week which did help but we are still hot at night.

At the beginning of the week we had a lot of time to find new people to teach, which was good. Nothing is better than having the right amount of time to invest into your area and give it the love and care it deserves. Sometimes we are honestly too busy doing other missionary things to even go and knock. It sounds crazy, I know, but we are really busy people! So finding was a joy this week.
With Elder Tesch from my first district in Gent

Then we had zone conference! It was so cool to see all of my friends! I saw Elder Tesch, one of my best friends out here, and Sister whiting, and so many other people. 
With Cutie Sister Whiting

This was our last zone conference with President and Sister Bunnell. It was a little bitter sweet but their testimonies were beautiful, as always. They left us on a very positive and uplifting note; I already can't wait to see them again.

Sister Ogden and I and the other Sister training leaders in the other zone did a break out session on food and nutrition. Sister Ogden made grilled cheese for everyone and I made jokes! What a team we are. If you need dinner and a show, you know who to call.

Friday 
Sister Ogden ran into my bike with hers and my front wheel got bent. So no bikes for now :( A ward member is seeing if he can fix it because they don't make my bike's tires anymore. Mr. Blue is a very old bike so keep him in your prayers!

Sister Ogden and I sang 2 songs each at the stake RS activity and it was great! The activity was like "Time Out for Women." There were multiple speakers and we had a picnic outside! We helped out a lot with the set up and take down of the event. It was the best because I got to see people from Gent and Heerlen, Belgium.
Zone Conference
I also got the BIGGEST complement of my entire life from a ward member here in Antwerpen. She told me that I sound like Karen Carpenter. A tear slid down my face when I heard that. I LOVE KAREN SO MUCH. To be put on the same level of her is humbling. Thanks  Hilde Van Achten!!!

Dinner with the Smith family
That same day of the RS activity a family that Sister Ogden and I are very close to in Emmen called us and told us we they were in Antwerp! We were able to have dinner with them and have a wonderful time together. 

So, this week I saw people from everyone of my areas! That was super cool.

We are super excited about the families we found and are really going to focus on getting them to church. One of the families we found is from Eritrea and we are SO PUMPED to teach them!!!!!!!!!! They speak English and Dutch which is super rare for the people who come from Eritrea. There are so many refugees that come from there and we are super excited to help them learn the gospel and come closer to Christ!!!
Mission Leadership Conference
Well that was this week in a nutshell. Super fun and busy!!! We are excited for this upcoming week because we are doing exchanges! 
With Former Sister Cluff who was companions with Sister Ogden
Well Everyone I know the church is true. I would not be out here seeing so many miracles and God's hand directing us if this was not the true church of Christ. He is the head of this church and He leads it today through his prophet, President Nelson. The Book of Mormon is written for our day and we will receive personal revelation through it. Go, read the book! Test the promise that Moroni gives us in Moroni 10:3-5. Read it and pray about it. God will keep his word, you will receive an answer.

Have a great week everyone!! ​​​​​​​​​​


Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts