Week #1 in Heerlen, Netherlands

Hoi fam and friends,
Saying goodbye to my trainer, Zuster Weber



So I got transferred last week and now I am in Heerlen, Netherlands. Heerlen is located at the lowest part of the Netherlands. I am so close to Belgium and Germany.  In fact, I am 24 miles from a Liege, Belgium.  My mom served in Liege, speaking French. Life is definitely going to take a little time for me to adjust here. Everyone speaks a different language then the one I learned. Everyone knows that I learned my Dutch in Belgium. They say I have great flems! 


I am  companions again with Zuster Broyles! We were companions in the MTC and we are having a great time. I have to get a bike and that is going to be very exciting, so watch out for Zuster Acheson on bike!


Saying goodbye to Gent was hard. I closed my "baby city" as the call it here (where you start your mission). We said good bye to Bea and Anita for the last time. Everyone was so bummed to hear that we were leaving. In Some of the prayers they prayed for me to come back! So Let's all keep praying that I go back to Gent again while on my mission.

Transfer day was crazy because there was a problem with the train, so we had to take a bus and then a train and then a different train. You have to love Belgian travel. So I got to my new city 2 hours late and scared all the Zone leaders in charge of my transfer. But I made it in one piece! I said goodbye to Sister Weber, Elder Tesch, and Elder Hatch. I felt like I was leaving my family! I almost burst into tears when I got off the train at my station and waved on last goodbye to my Gent Family. 

Once I got to Sister Broyles, things picked up! I know we are going to have a fun transfer.

The Heerlen ward is a military ward, so most of the ward is American and church is English! So please pray for my Dutch. But the ward is really fun and it will be weird to speak so much English again! 

Germany is in my area! We have had an appointment in Germany. I really don't understand German, so it's time to learn!!! 

For a spiritual thought, the church is doing a campaign and it's called 25 days 25 ways. I highly encourage to look at it. It's simple ways to do service and try to become like Christ this Christmas season;

Love you all! Have a great week! 



Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts