Week #5 in Emmen, Netherlands

This week on the Sister Acheson Show:
 
Shivering in the Netherlands!
Traveling all over
Trio in Zwolle/Kampen
Biking around town
Freezing while eating frietjes (Dutch word for French fries—only ours are WAY better than French fries!) 
Knowing the Olympics are on but not being able to watch them

























This week we had interviews with President and Sister Bunnell! Some of my two favorite humans!! They went great! I gave President a chocolate bar because he's the best. We then traveled with them to Groningen so that my companion, Sister Gagon, could teach at the Groningen district meeting. Then we traveled back to Emmen. In total we were in three different cities and traveled about four hours. All in one tiring day.

Sister Gagon had to go to Mission Leader Council this week in Leiden, so I went to Kampen to be in a trio for the day. We worked in Zwolle and Kampen. I got to work at a food bank and hand food out to those in need. That is probably one of my favorite experiences on my mission so far. It was so great to see that what I was doing was helping people. I love service! 

It was SO COLD HERE THIS WEEK. We were so cold that we had to buy some frietjes to keep our fingers warm. #europeproblems

The Winter Olympics started this week and we are super excited for them. It's so interesting to hear about them through the grapevine . Everyone always tells us how America is doing. Go America!!

This week I want to encourage you to go out and serve people! Working at the food bank really helped me gain perspective and feel useful. I loved seeing people’s faces and seeing how grateful they were for my help, even though all I was doing was handing them food. GO FORTH AND SERVE!!!


I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve the people here and to testify of Christ and of our living prophet Russell M. Nelson. I love the gospel and I love my calling. 

Love,

Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts