Week #10 in Emmen, Netherlands



March 19, 2018

Hallo Friends and family!

Fun fact! Sister Ogden and I met a year ago this week! We both opened our mission calls the same day and met the same day! Zuster Ogden's aunt lives just a few blocks from my house. So, her Aunt Emily arranged the meeting. We celebrated by having dinner with member and telling our story to her. Who would of thought we would have been companions a year later!!

This week we were super busy with appointments, cleaning checks, and zone conference! It was a solid week.

To start off, we had cleaning checks on Wednesday and spent in total of 15 and a half hours cleaning our apartment. A few P-days and some solid nights were spent making our apartment beautiful. It was AMAZING. The Queen could have come and lived in our apartment. Let's just say that my cleaning standards are really high. Plus we had to clean years and years of past elders living there. Not too fun. 
 Zuster Acheson's favorite elders from Gent. Saying goodbye to Elder White, on the left,  who will soon complete his mission and the awesome Elder Tesch.


It is always great to see my MTC companions Zuster Hardy and Broyles!

So our cleaning check went really well! Then we had zone conference! Sister Ogden and I sang at zone conference. It was the best zone conference yet! We talked about the Book of Mormon and making our missions and our lives another testament of Jesus Christ, just like the Book of Mormon! So Good!!!!

It's been SUPER COLD here! When you have no mountains to block the wind, you get hit pretty hard!! So I have a chapped face and lips right now. None the less we do get miracles when we go out and work in the cold. One of them is that it's not raining right now! 
Modeling my new winter skirt and my mum's "vintage" sweater from Scotland.  This package took 4 months to get to me. It was sent to Gent for Christmas in early November. Then sent back to Utah and then back to the Netherlands.


This week we had a miracle! We were knocking in a new developing area and I saw some people and some kids in this new house. I told Sister Ogden that we should go knock it. We did and this sweet cute young family answered the door! They said they had just moved in and are waiting to get their house finished. They said they are willing to listen to our message! It was super cool and brought a special spirit to the rest of our knocking!

Well I love it here, I love the people, the difficult language, my companion, the branch, and the bikes. I  am so thankful to be here! 

Hope you all have a great week! 



Zuster Acheson



Comments

Popular Posts