Mission: MTC Week 2 --Interviewed in the Shower

Thursday August 10, 2017

Dear Family and Friends, 

Well what a week this has been. We managed to make it through two weeks at the Missionary Training Center. Four more weeks until I leave for Amsterdam.
The obligatory picture missionaries take pointing to their missions 

I have been struggling with the language.  However, I learned an important concept this week as I have prayed. I know that the gaven van talen (gift of tongues) is real. I've experience it before in my life when I was in France, but in the MTC it is amplified. I know that If we pray and seek after gifts of the spirit the Lord will give them to us. Do not be afraid of seeking gifts, blessings or talents. I know that God will help you with anything you ask for, especially if you are looking for a certain word in Dutch. 
Our MTC Disctrict



Here are some highlights of my 2nd week in the MTC.
Treats from home

I got 3 packages this week. 2 from my mom with food in them and one from my friend Bekha with Korean face masks with animal faces on them! It was a great.



Friday my district got to help with the MTC Tours We were in the new buildings for the first time! It was super fun and I was hoping I would see some friends while helping! I saw some old ward members and talked to a lot of people! It was nice talking to non-missionaries.

We had lots of class this week. 

Last week we went to the temple and it was AWESOME!!!! I often run into neighbors and ward members when I'm there, too. I strongly urge you to go to the temple. The temple will provide answers and peace. And it will bring your week great joy and success. I promise you that if you go to the temple you will be able to make the goals you have and learn what you need to learn. 

Yesterday we had TRC training! What that means is that we taught people who speak Dutch. We shared two 20 minute lessons with 2 different people. It was really good but also kinda hard. We taught about Christ and his earthly ministry and why Joseph Smith's First Vision is important. 

Now if you're thinking "Wow! Zuster Acheson sure does know a lot of Dutch!" our lessons are mostly us saying "ja...... ok." But Dutch is coming along. 

Another highlight of the week was that my companions and I figured out that my camera has a creative mode and puts AMAZING FILTERS pictures and take 5 at a time. So we have a lot of great photos. I'm the trio's official photographer, so it's good to finally get the recognition I deserve. 

I feel like I've been here forever. We've seen 2 batches of Missionaries leaving and seen 2 come in. We have another month here. It's only been 2  weeks. 

With my childhood friend Hermana Ballantyne
Tuesday night I heard some sisters crying in the bathroom because they were leaving to their missions in Ohio. Ished a tear because I had 4 more weeks in the MTC.

Another great thing that happened this week was I got interviewed while I was in the shower! Because I am the senior companion I talk with our Sister Training Leaders (STL) once a week and tell them how our companionship is doing. Well the STL went to my room and Zr. Hardy took the STL to the shower that I was in and we had our interview there. What a great moment in the sisters residence. 

While I was also in the shower this week: my comps got locked out of the room and had to go get a temporary key. Great!

Well, my loved ones.  That is what  has been happening this past week at the MTC.  I love hearing from you.  I can read emails everyday.  I can only respond on Thursdays while I'm in the MTC. 

Thanks for your love and prayers.


Zuster Acheson













Comments

Popular Posts