MTC-WEEK 5-6 Last Week in the MTC!

Thursday August 31, 2017

Hallo Friends and Fam! 

This week has been a great week. 

Wearing our Trinidad T-shirts in support of our Elders

First off, WE GOT OUR FLIGHT PLANS!!!!! That means that this will be my last email from the MTC! I am leaving Monday for Amsterdam! We are all so excited!!!!

My Elders, who are going to Trinidad, all got reassigned for visa waiting. Elders Roberts, Anderson and Dickey are going to Cleveland, Ohio, Elders Belnap and Holt are going to Fort Collins, Colorado, and Elder Heimdal and another missionary are going to Vancouver Washington.
Our District

All my Elders are so excited and will be AMAZING missionaries! I know that there are people waiting in their missions for them to teach and to love them. My Elders are the BEST! 

This week we did TRC over Skype again. We taught Maria, she's from the Netherlands and I understood 95% of what she said! It was an answer to prayer. Because our last TRC Skype didn't go as well as I wanted it to. I made the goal to study harder this week. My work and prayers payed off. It just goes to show that the Lord wants to work with you on your goals. With the Lord, everything is possible, and you too can learn Dutch!


We will  miss our Swedes and Norwegian Sisters

This week 30 in our branch left. My good friends the Swedes and the Norwegians left. They are just one week ahead of us, so it feels a little empty without them here. I love them all so much! But our new Swedes and Norwegians are super cool! And my good friend, Kiana Andrewsen, is part of their group!!


The Lord answers prayers and has a sense of humor. How do I know this? Well if you have kept up your subscription to my weekly email, you will have seen the pattern of faith, asking, and recognizing. So, I have a testimony of God answering prayers.

Well two days ago, I made the mistake of asking in prayer to get closer and learning more about my Elders. Well two days ago, we moved from our beautiful big classroom for our district of 9 to make room for the new 15 Norwegians, to a small classroom that barely fits us. We now sit two inches apart from each other. I did not hope to get PHYSICALLY CLOSER, But I guess I didn't specify what I meant by getting closer. 

Another fun thing that happened this week was getting “ratted” out in the shower. So, Zusters Hardy, Broyles and I like to sing in the bathroom at night when we are showering and getting ready for bed. Two nights ago, I was belting, and might I add quite well, at the top of my lungs "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by singer Bonnie Tyler.  In the middle of the song, a sister came in right at 9:30 p.m. (quite time in the dorms) and told us that if we were going to sing it needed to be quieter and a hymn. So, last night we ran back to our dorm, claimed the showers and belted the National Anthem. We are very patriotic around our zone, so it was very fitting, and it is in the hymn book. I got a round of applause after we finished. God bless America. 


Well, this week was great. It's very exciting to be leaving the MTC but also a little scary. I won’t be three blocks away from my house anymore, but I know that there are people in Belgium and the Netherlands who need my example and need to hear the gospel of Christ. I also know that there are things that I can only learn there and that my mission will not only bless me and my family, but that it will affect thousands. One person can affect thousands and won’t even know it. I know I have a purpose, and right now it's to serve God's children​.

I love you all!


Zuster Acheson









Comments

Popular Posts