Mission: MTC Week 4--A Week of Miracles

For those wanting to catch up on my blog, go to: WWW.savinggraceinamsterdam.blogspot.com

August 24, 2017

Friends and Fam,

This week was a miracle. Well this week we learned about miracles! And boy are they real. 
 
With Graham and Trent Bates
So, last Saturday we were scheduled to help with Tours and it was super great!  I was hoping to see a lot of people I knew because I usually see a lot of people while tours are going on but I saw no one I knew. I was heartbroken. I prayed in my heart for a miracle of someone who I loved to come through the tour. An hour passed by and no one came. The tour was winding down and while I was taking a picture of a family, some of my closest family friends, Trent and Graham Bates tapped me on the shoulder. I burst into tear because I knew that the Lord had answered my prayers by sending them to me. It was a miracle. I was also fortunate this week to see some of my neighbors, the Monson Family.
 
Modeling our mission shirts
We finally got our mission Shirts! Yay for that!
 
STOP COUGHING!!!
My Elders are SO SICK right now. We decided to buy them some cough drops and write some encouraging words for them. 
 
A care package from Penny the Great!  She is a professional gift giver
My Aunt Penny sent me a HUGE package full of goodies, encouraging words and scriptures to go along with everything! Thank you so much Aunt Penny!!!!! 

Also, Happy Birthday yesterday to my Aunt Bonnie!!!!!
 
My Aunt Bonnie
This week we got to Skype people in Belgium for TRC!!! It was crazy but it felt great. I felt like I was back to square one with learning a language. I couldn't understand 90% of what our guy in Belgium was saying. It was rough but it was a great learning experience. 
 
Oops! Our hair got tangled together
This week has been super fun and we have been working hard on our goals and studying.

This week I have been working on building my faith in Jesus Christ and his word. I also learned about miracles. 

In our devotional last week with Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, he  spoke to us about miracles and how we should expect them and ask for specific miracles in our lives. I challenge all of you to pray for a specific miracle this week, whether it be making it to work on time, seeing an old friend, or finding something that is lost, it all matters to Heavenly Father. It is so important that we ask for miracles and exercise faith in that way. If we have faith, we can accomplish all things. Prayer is the gateway to gaining all things. I also challenge you to pray this week night and day. Pray changes lives and changes us. 
 
Sisters Acheson and Sister Roberts
Another specific miracle I prayed for this week was to host my best friend Bekah Roberts when she came in yesterday to the MTC. That prayer was answered, and yes, I cried my eyes out. It's such a blessing to have my best friend here, even if I'm only here for a few more days. 
 
No words can describe this!
We are getting our flight plans for the Netherlands tomorrow!!! So, that means we leave in about 10-11 days! The days are starting to count down! We are all so excited to go and finally teach! Please pray that each member of my district’s visas will come. We are worried for our Elders, who are going to Trinidad, will receive their visas in time.

BIG NEWS FOR THE ACHESON FAMILY!
My Dad "Da"

DAVID ACHESON WON A BLUE RIBBON IN THE UTAH COUNTY FAIR. He submitted a photo he took of my grandpa on the beach. He titled it "Forgotten Memories" because my grandpa suffers from Alzheimer’s disease. It's truly a beautiful photo. Good job Fluffy!

Overall lots of laughs, tears of joy, and great treats were had this week.​ Thank you for your kindnesses to me and for your prayers.
Thank you so much Sister Bateman!!! We love you

Love,

Zuster Acheson

 
Personalized note cards from my mom












Comments

Popular Posts