MISSION: MTC WEEK 3

Thursday August 17, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Meeting some of my darling ward member on the MTC tour

This week was a big week so buckle up and get ready for this

At the beginning of this week Zuster Broyles became sick.  Zuster Hardy and I had to go find the Elders to give her a priesthood blessing.
Our fantastic MTC disctrict


One thing you need to know about me, I cannot not get a little teary when I think of MY ELDERS. Sure, they are dumb 18-year-old boys, but they are my 18-year-old boys. They were so amazing and all came to give Zuster Broyles a blessing. Elder Roberts gave the blessing and it was his first! He did so well and we could all just feel the spirit so strong. I LOVE MY ELDERS!!!!!!!!!
I loved seeing my friends, the Dadsons,  on the MTC tour!

 
Package from home with chocolate covered gummmy bears and black head strips
I got an amazing package from my mom. It was an answer to Zuster Hardy's prayers because she has been craving chocolate cinnamon bears for a few days and guess what my mom sent?! We also go some blackhead strips and used them. We are known in our residence for our face products that we receive. I guess you could say we are the favorites, or maybe just the entertainers??
 
Cookies from Aunt Bonnie and the Deurdens!
Love notes from the cute CTR 6 Class from my ward
If you would like to send something to the Dutch Trio, as we are called in the MTC, we would love it if you would send us some face products! We love doing stuff to our faces! We have recently been receiving lots of food and snacks and have gained weight. But we are so grateful for everything!!!!
 
Sweet notes from my sweet neighbors
While on the topic of packages, I got some beautiful drawings from the CTR 6 Class in my ward, a package from my neighbors which included cookies and cards! I got Taiwanese cakes from our friends the Chens and I shared them with my district. And my Aunt Bonnie sent a spa package with yet another bag of cookies! This week has been awesome. 
 
More spoiling from Aunt Bonnie
Elder M. Russell Ballard came for Sunday devotional and Elder Neil L. Anderson came for Tuesday devotional. It was basically like watching Oprah and then having Oprah walk in. It was LIT. 

One of the bracelets on my right wrist broke. I was so sad. 
 
Are we missionaries or models?  Maybe both!
We taught TRC again this week and it was amazing! TRC is where you teach members in your mission language and give them a message. It's good for helping teach us how to work with members and learn how to speak Dutch. This week was great! We talked about exercising faith in Christ. I know that if we have faith in Christ it will lead to action: repentance, service, and forgiveness. If we have faith all things are possible. One thing Elder Anderson said this week was to expect miracles and let them happen. I know that if we have faith, or even desire to have faith, we can have miracles in our daily lives. 

Also, prayer is the best thing ever. So many prayers this week, it was crazy. 
 
Modeling toothbrushing
This week we started teaching another investigator who is atheist. We have really been focusing on teaching with the spirit. We are trying to teach her that through the Holy Ghost we can know what is true. It's hard but it's a reality.
 
So much fun seeing my friends Sam and Noah! 
Well this week has been fun.  I am learning and growing! Highlights included:

-All the packages I've received in the mail
-Taco Bell for dinner
-Lots of laughing with our district
-Zuster Hardy falling asleep in the temple
-Hanging up banners
-Removing blackheads from our noses
-MY ELDERS. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH


I also got to see TONS of friend on the tours this week. That was truly a blessing. I get to help with the tours again on Saturday night! Our whole district is so pumped. We love missing class for tours!!!!


Much love,

Zuster Acheson


You could say that I'm having a great time in the MTC

















Comments

Popular Posts