Week 2 in Gent, Belgium

Hallo Inreden!

I am adjusting to mission life. This week we have done a lot more things since I’m no longer sick.

My companion and I are both new to Gent.  We have met our investigator Bea.  She is progressing towards baptism. Bea is super strong in the gospel and just wants to do everything right. She has two sons with their own families. She takes notes in our lessons and it's awesome. I am honored to help her on her way to baptism. I just hope I can understand her and visa versa.

I was a real missionary this week! I am still trying hard to gain confidence with the language and to approach people. We went knocking on doors and we had a great experience talking to someone on the street.

When we were looking for people to talk to my companion felt like we should go near the library. We stopped this woman, Marjoelin, and she was super interested in what we had to say!! We gave her a Book of Mormon and exchanged numbers. We're still trying to contact her. The experience was super awesome and taught me about following the spirit and how important prayer is.

I got my companion sick, so it's kinda weird to be the "healthy" one. Basically we are a pair of sick girls and one of us can't speak Dutch. But luckily we have some of the best elders around who support us.

This week I learned how important goals are and how we need to be accountable for them. As a missionary you make goals everyday on how many people you are going to teach and how many investigators you're going to get that day and so on. It's kinda intimidating and feels pointless, but when you have a goal and hold yourself accountable to it, the Lord will help you in reaching it. It may not mean that you achieve the goals you set, but the Lord will help you do what you need to do and achieve what the Lord needs you to achieve.

Yesterday we went to a fireside, which is an informal get together at a member's home.  We went with a new member and our investigator Bea came too! It was for investigators and new members and it was a Q and A type thing. It was super awesome and Bea got some questions answered about tithing. I am so thankful for member families who are willing to open their homes and get involved with investigators.

Last week we had pizza and ice cream for P-day! it was awesome. Our Gent elders are the best. We have a blast with them. We also saw a little bit of Gent and took some photos. There are a few cathedrals here so I'm in heaven.

I think thats it! Work makes all the difference in a missionaries life, but it's also hard. My Flemish is coming along bit by bit. We have an investigator who is teaching me the ways of Flems. I have started to use W's instead of V's. Its a Belge thing, but hey I'm here so why  not!

Hope you all  have a great week!!  Thank you for your love and prayers for me and all missionaries.  We need them.

Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts