Week 1 in Gent, Belgium

Hallo Family and Friends,



I'm in Gent, Belgium! Our group of 21 missionaries arrived safely to our mission last Tuesday. I loved meeting President and Sister Bunnell.  Sister Bunnell is so pretty and kind.  President Bunnell is movie star handsome.  I also met up with my trainer Zuster Weber. 

The newest batch of missionaries to the Belgium/Netherlands Mission

I am serving in Gent right now. It's rainy here and it is great. I was sick the moment I started traveling to Gent and have been sick all week. We haven't been able to work because my fever and a really bad cough. It's no fun as a missionary to not work.
Zusters Acheson and Weber

My trainer and I are are both new in Gent and this is her first time in Belgium! She's a star. Sister Weber is from Ogden, Utah and she is so sweet and kind. She is so patient with me and I think I got her sick, too.  Please pray for us. She's also the Sister Training Leader. She feels a little stretched right now with so many responsibilities. She also says that Flemish, a dialect of Dutch in Belgium,  is hard to understand. I wouldn't know! I can't understand a thing they say here.
Gent, Belgium

Gent is really pretty and we live right next to Ikea! I now know that God loves me because of that.  We have district lunch there on Tuesdays. I have a trio of elders in gent. I love them a lot. They gave me a blessing the second day here. They are on top of it. We have a lot of fun with them.

Church here was great! I introduced myself and bore my testimony in Dutch. My trainer said that everyone else said that my Dutch was good, but I can't even understand that, so we've got a ways to go with my Dutch. 
Our first meal in the mission

Yesterday we went out to go contact someone and they weren't home. So we started heading home because it was almost 9. We were on the tram and sat next to this Asian Girl and I Felt like I needed to talk to her. She only spoke english so that was good but talked for a little bit and she got off, but the lady next to us kept on talking to us and we gave her a passalong card!!! It was so cool!!!! It was my first real missionary moment. I can't wait to have more of those. 
The Gent Elders


We have a trio of elders in gent with us and it is a party with them. They also have a car so we were able to drive back home with them when we had some legal stuff in Leiden this week. They are great. We have phone phrases for everyone when we call each other. 

Elder White: Good night with Elder White
Elder Tesch. Lekker fresh with Elder Tech
Me: Get hit with sis. Lit
Sister Weber: Get clever with Sister Weber
Elder Hatch: Hey 

They call me Sister Lit because I'm the life of the party and they can't say our last name. 
Not feeling my best!

We've got some work to do in Gent and I'm excited to get down to business. It's crazy being back in Europe again and I have missed the old buildings and the great food. Stay tuned for more adventures in Belgium!
Well, that is it for this week.  Thank you for your prayers and support!  I’m starting to feel better.

Tot Zeins,

Zuster “Lit” Acheson























Comments

Popular Posts