Week #8 in Antwerpen, Belgium





Hello Everyone!


This week was a busy week for this sister missionary. Sunday, I was so blessed to go back to Gent, Belgium for the baptism of my first investigators, Anita and Alana. It was Alana's 10th birthday, too! I love Anita and Alana so much.  I must say that my heart is in Gent. It was such a special experience to go back and see all my friends there and actually speak Dutch with them! I was just a brand new inexperienced missionary while in Gent eight months ago. The spirit was so strong at the baptism and I got to witness the repentance process. I am so grateful I am here doing the Lord's work!  


I went on two  exchanges back to back with two of my lovely sister missionaries.


My first exchange was with Sister Bozue in Lokeren. She is a second transfer Greenie and is killing it! She is so cool and absorbs everything you teach her! We had a great time in the sweltering heat and biking for an hour and a half on a broken bike. We also got RAINED on. Typical Belgian weather.... It is a loving memory I will always have!


We met up with a less active and he got us ice cream! The people here are so nice. I love them.
We also had two great lessons and Sister Bozue rocked it! Her Dutch is phenomenal and she is a hard worker! 


On the bike ride home from our exchange back, Sister Ogden and I got soaked with rain. The weather here is really something. It's too humid to wear a coat and it rains too much to not have one. 

My second exchange was in Leuven, a very cute student city, with Sister Shaw! She is a 4th transfer missionary and is super sweet and a gymnast! She follows the spirit and is goed bezig with her Dutch! I have now officially been to all the sister cities in Belgium. I love it here!!! I had a lot of fun street contacting and making quesadillas with Sister Shaw. On our way back we had a stop over in Brussels while waiting for the other sisters to come to meet up. I love Brussels! We took this photo at the Grand Place in Brussels.

Back in Antwerpen, Sister Ogden and I taught our golden investigator, Leisel, this week about the law of chastity and our divine nature. It was a very touching lesson and the spirit was so strong! We were all in tears.  I am so grateful I have the opportunity to teach such a prepared person!

Well Everything is going well here! One of our members just got back from Thailand and gave us our own personal fans! So we will be trying to stay cool in the humidity. Yuck! 



Have a great week!  


Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts