Week #14 in Antwerpen, Belgium

Hallo idereen!


Wow. This week it’s been crazy hot and super exciting.


We had an amazing dinner appointment with some members. That is always great.


And Sister Pomales and I had the chance to sing in a cathedral in a place called Lier. It was super cool and a great experience. It felt spiritual to sing there.


On the 4th of July we met President and Sister Buysse! He is our new mission president. They started on July 1st.  The Buysses are so excited to work and have a lot of ideas. I hope I can keep up with this power couple. I am so grateful that they are here. They are very motivated. I'm excited to work with them.


One thing they asked us to start doing is giving out more pass along cards about the church--and just starting conversations with people instead of our church-based conversation approaches. It wasn't comfortable at first, but now we are warming up to it. Who knew that people liked just having normal conservations?! It's a work in progress, but I'm having fun doing it.


One of our investigators has a baptismal date set and she is coming right along. We taught her about tithing, fasting, the law of chastity, and the Word of Wisdom and she agreed to follow all of these commandments. When we taught her, we brought members along with us and that helped so much.They knew how to perfectly explain tithing and how it works. Wow, members are the best!!! Our investigator even came with us to help clean the church on Saturday. And some of her kids came to a devotional at church featuring the visiting BYU Folk Dancers yesterday. We love this family.


I got to see one of my best friends from back home in Provo this week!! I saw Isaac Geslison. He is my brother's best friend and essentially my brother, too. He is part of the BYU Folk Dancers. They have been touring Europe this summer and they came to Antwerpen this week as part of their schedule.


It was so fun to see him. We are going to spend our Preparation Day with some of the folk dancers today. We are going biking with members of the BYU Folk Dancers. They gave a lovely devotional yesterday that really brought the spirit and touched the hearts of those there.


Besides dying in the heat we had a good week! We love all our missionaries here with us and are so grateful for them.


I know that music is a powerful tool that Heavenly Father has given us so that we can come closer to him. I am grateful for this gift and the chance that I have to use it. I love music and the spirit it brings.


Have a great week!!

Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts