Week #15 in Antwerpen, Belgium

With my companion Zuster Pomales
Hey everyone!!!

Big news. Our investigator is getting baptized next week! We are so excited for her and cannot wait for her to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
With my mission buddies Elder Tesch and Elder Bateman

Another fun thing that happened this week was that we had zone conference and I got to see some of my best friends: Elder Tesch and Elder Bateman. They are companions in Vlissingen right now. One of my dream teams I would say.
With Zuster Buysse, Zuster Pomales, President Buysse 

It was great to hear from President Buysse during zone conference and learn that we are focusing on member work! I am excited to dig in and build up the ward I am in.
With Isaac Geslison (friend from home), Zuster Pomales, and a random chicken

We spent time with the BYU Folk Dancers on Monday. They are on a summer tour of Europe. It was super fun and I got to see Isaac, my brother Race's best friend. It felt just like we were home again. We all played mini golf and I won! I killed it. 
Zone Conference

This week Sister Pomales and I taught a lot of lessons and had to run to Brussels to find that her bus pass hasn't come in yet. Oh well. Hopefully this week it will come in.


We also made cookies and have started our own bakery. It's called "The Fakery Bakery" because we don't actually have an oven, we just have a little microwave oven thing. But we still are crankin' 'em out! 

This week we had four investigators in church. It was a miracle! There were two that we had planned on and two surprise people! I feel so blessed that the Lord sent these people to church this week. We are excited that three of our investigators are truly progressing! 

This week I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and for prayer. This week I faced a few obstacles that I needed guidance to get through them. I know that because I have the gift of the Holy Ghost and because I am honoring my baptismal covenants, I was able to receive the guidance I needed to carry on and help others. I am so thankful for the still small voice that guides and comforts; I would be lost with out it! And that is what I'm trying to do out here, HELP PEOPLE RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST!!!! It's the best!!!
Can you tell we are having fun together?

Ok, that's about it from me this week. Belgium lost in the World cup. Antwerp was completely silent for a day. Kinda weird. But France won their game against Croatia! That was cool!


Love you all. Have a great week!!

Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts