Week #2 in Amsterdam, Netherlands



With the Fab 4  in Amsterdam
This week was super fun and busy! We had interviews with our mission president President Buysee, exchanges in Almere Netherlands, built a fort, and made some yummy dinners for four dinners for our two companionships in our apartment. Life in Amsterdam is pretty sweet.
With Elder Whitlock and Sister Roberts at the castle


Last week for P day we visited a castle outside of Amsterdam called Muiderslot. It played a key role in making Amsterdam what it is today. It is a super fun castle where we dressed up as knights and even jousted on a cool machine. Super fun! 

We did a lot of park contacting this week. There are so many beautiful parks here.  It seems like there are parks on every other street. We have met a lot of cool people and have had great conversations.
LDS Movie night with the Amsterdam sisters

Thursday we had a movie night with the other two sisters in our apartment. We built a fort in our attic. I made some popcorn and we watched an LDS church classic “Together Forever". It has great music and lovely 80s costumes. I give it a 5 star rating.
With Sisters Bratt, Howe from Almere and Sister Roberts

Friday we had interviews and exchanges! Wow I had a great exchange with Sister Howe in Almere. We worked hard and we played hard! I fell of my bike and scraped up my entire right shin, knocked on a lot of doors and then played ping pong with the ward and with the Almere and Lelystad elders at the Almere ward’s ping pong night! We got a little competitive, but still had a great time. We also played soccer with the elders in the morning for exercise time. I am going to be a pro soccer player by the time I get home.

On our way home from exchanges, I slipped off my bike again and bruised my right leg, and then I also bruised my left arm pretty badly. This week was not so hot for me physically. I just can't get a break.

Saturday it was my turn to make dinner for our apartment so I made my famous quesadillas. Super fun to make them for our team. We even shared a little with the elders. We love them! 
With the Almere missionaries

Sunday we had a potluck after church. Our multicultural ward has the best potlucks. Wow, It was so lekker!! I love this ward! We also had dinner with a member later that night. I am so grateful for the members here!
With Sister Roberts and me

This week I've had a greater focus on inviting the Holy Ghost into my life. I've worked on following promptings. I've seen the blessing of following promptings by finding more success, seeing answers to prayer more clearly, and receiving more guidance. I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This weekend is LDS General Conference!!! Everyone go and watch it! Go be spiritually fed and receive answers to the questions you have! We are so blessed to have a living prophet here on earth and the restored priesthood! Go and learn!

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Zuster Acheson


Comments

Popular Posts