Week #7 in Amsterdam, Netherlands



Happy Halloween!!

This week was Halloween and we, the four-person apartment of sister missionaries, dressed up as Greek gods for district meeting. No one else dressed up but, if I may say, our bedsheets really looked good.

with Zuster Howe
Sister Roberts and I went to the city of Almere, one of the suburbs of Amsterdam, on exchanges with the sister training leaders. I got to be with Sister Howe! I love her so much! We had a great time.

This week we found a French investigator in the park. Using the little bit of French that we both knew we somehow managed to contact him, teach a lesson, and make a return appointment. It was truly the gift of tongues. Needless to say we studied French this week.


This week was Sister May's 20th birthday! We celebrated by eating pizza and having cake in the backyard of the elders’ apartment. It was super fun. The Amsterdam Squad is the best squad ever!!!

Something fun that happened this week with the Amsterdam Squad was that we got scouted for a soccer team when we were playing soccer one morning. This guy was watching us play and then he came up and asked us if we play for a team and we told him that we were just missionaries. He said that we could come join his team. We told him maybe after our missions. But I think my soccer skills are improving! 

This week we had a very special experience following the spirit. We were on our way to knock in one of our scour areas when I felt like we needed to stop and knock right where we were. We stopped, didn't know where to go, and so we prayed. We did this three or four times. At the end of our last prayer Sister Roberts looked up, pointed at a building, and said, "That window; we need to talk to them." We rang the bell and we had a cool conversation with this young guy from Suriname. He told us that he was looking for God and had a lot of questions. I am so thankful that we followed the spirit and were brave enough to follow through. There is no reason to fear because Christ has gone before us in everything we do. I am so thankful to be his representative and help the elect come unto Christ. I love this Gospel and I love my Savior. 

I hope you all have a great week!!


Zuster Acheson


P.S.  While at church this week I ran into a member of our Stake Presidency from home in Utah.  Brother David Galbraith and his wife Freida, who grew up in Amsterdam, visited.  I got to translate for him. It was so fun to see friends from home.

Comments

Popular Posts