Week #8 in Amsterdam, Netherlands


Grace Acheson

AttachmentsTue, Nov 13, 3:36 AM (2 days ago)
AttachmentsTue, Nov 13, 3:36 AM (2 days ago)


















Hey everybody!

I hope you all had a great week because we did! 

We started off this week by going iceskating for preparation day. It was super fun. It was so much fun to skate with everyone outside on this super cool track! Elder Goodson is basically a professional hockey player so he skated circles around all of us, literally. Still fun.

Wednesday's institute class had a Halloween party! Elders Goodson and Carnline and we sisters went as the Scooby Doo gang. It was best we could do for a group costume as missionaries. It was so much fun! We played games and ate candy and even had a few investigators there. Institute is the place to be!

Thursday we had the opportunity to teach a very powerful lesson on the Plan of Salvation to one of our investigators. We found out that her step-brother passed away earlier in the week and we were able to help her understand God's plan for us. It was a beautiful lesson and we were able to use the scriptures a lot! I am grateful that I studied up this week and was prepared to share some powerful scriptures.

Friday I had my last interview with President and Sister Buysse! It's crazy that the time is winding down. It was so great to talk to President Buysse. I love the Buysses so much!!!!!!

They changed our schedule and now we are to be in by 6pm, unless we have an appointment and to be out the door by 10 am. We are now supposed to do studies in the evening. They changed the schedule because It's not safe for us to be out after dark and people are not super positive after dark. I am very happy for this schedule change!

Saturday we had a great visit with a less active and got drenched knocking on doors.  I felt like a good old missionary then. 

Sunday we had a miracle!  A Slovakian guy just showed up randomly to church wanting to learn more about the church. We taught him a lesson during second hour and made another appointment. The spirit was so strong! He said that what we had to offer was what he had been looking for! I know that if we have faith and take action that we will be blessed. I also know that the spirit is the only way we can truly be led and help others. The spirit has helped us so much this week. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. I could not live with out its influence!

I hope you all have a great week this week!!! 

Zuster Acheson


Comments

Popular Posts