Week 7 in Gent, Belgium

Hallo Everyone!


This has been the best week ever! BEA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!! This is what missions are all about.  Her baptism was the most amazing thing ever!!!! Bea was so excited. It was such a special experience to see the ward come together to do a baptismal service and to see everyone gathered around the font.  I love my ward so much!!!

This week was so great. I went to the beach, saw historic Brugge, participated in Belgian Comicon, and got affected by yet another strike. I feel like a true Belge. This week we had a ton of dinner appointments which meant that I didn't have to do the dishes in our apartment! So that made things great too. 


On Thursday we went to Brugge and Oostende, the west coast of Belgium,  with our Relief Society President to visit some less actives and to visit some other ward members. It was super fun to ride in a car and go to the beach and eat lunch on the beach too! The weather was beautiful and everyone kept on complimenting me on my hair.

Just a little piece of advice if you want to get in with little girls or old ladies, let them braid your hair. They will open up like a book!  Needless to say I got my hair braided a lot this week. It was great.


I got a Halloween package from my mom this week! Zuster Weber and I have almost eaten all the chocolate that was in it. We eat a lot of chocolate here. 

This week I had a very special experience sharing my testimony about the Book of Mormon. We were meeting with a less active member and she shared with us all of her doubts and worries and it all came down to the Book of Mormon. When I opened my mouth to bear my testimony about the Book of Mormon, my tears started streaming and I realized, truly, how important the Book of Mormon is. I know that the prophet Joseph Smith died for a book that was inspired of God. I know that it was through the power of God that we have the Book of Mormon today. Everything hinges on this book. If the Book of Mormon is true, then Jospeh Smith is a prophet, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church, God is our Father in Heaven and Jesus is the Christ. There is no way I can deny that. I know the Book of Mormon is true. 

If you have doubts about anything, pick up the Book of Mormon and read it. Pray about it. Pray for strength to read it. If you do this, you will find out for yourself. 

By the end of my testimony, we were all in tears. It was a very special experience for me.

Bea got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of her. She is my golden child. She's amazing and I don't even know what to say about her. She has great faith and helps me with my Dutch. She is so kind. I can't wait to see her grow more in the church. 

You can tell that I have had a great week. I love it here in Gent. I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Zuster Acheson












Comments

Popular Posts