Week 4 in Gent, Belgium

Monday October 2, 2017

Hallo Friends and Fam,


This week was crazy busy. I think I spent a total of two or three days of train travel.

This week started off with zone conference! A zone comprises of a cities of missionaries that assemble for missionary training. So we had to travel up to Antwerpen. It was super great and I got to see my MTC companion Zuster Broyles and some of my other MTC group. Afterwards we got some really good food outside the train station in Antwerpen.

On Wednesday we had to go up to the Netherlands to work on some legal stuff, so we spent a few hours on the train. It was good but train travel makes me tired. While up in the Netherlands I had my first Fanta in Europe! For those who know me, you know I love Fanta!

Thursday we had a lesson with my golden girl, Bea. She is so ready for baptism. She is amazing. I can't wait for her baptism in a few weeks!! We've been teaching her about family history and she is loving it. Also on Thursday I got a package from my family! It was amazing and filled with winter boots, candy for my district and lots of tights to keep me warm in the winter here. Thanks mum and da!!

Friday we proselyted for a really long time and taught five lessons! It was great to really start teaching as a missionary. I also am gaining a lot of confidence in my street contacting. I might have said "We have a few horses for you" but isn't that what everyone wants to hear? If not, I brought  a lot of excitement to the city of Gent on Friday. 

SATURDAY WAS LDS GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!! This was the highlight of the week. I know with full confidence that those who spoke to us in General Conference are truly called of God and were inspired to speak on those subjects. I know that because they answered my questions that I had prayerfully prepared and they spoke of things that I personally needed to hear. I challenge you to read through the conference talks again when they come out in the Ensign. You will be blessed for following the words of the prophets and your life will over all improve. You will get better grades, have better relationships with those around you and get to know our Savior more.

Saturday was also wonderful because we had a lesson with a new investigator and we watched conference at their house due to our original conference appointment being canceled. It was an amazing experience and they ate it up. 

SUNDAY!!!!! We watched more sessions of conference. Conference gets you so pumped. We watched the Saturday session at the church with the Elders and their investigator and had food afterwards. Sunday night we watched it at a members house and it was awesome!!! I love conference and can't wait to watch the last session. 

My aunt Bonnie is in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir that performs each Sunday and during Conference. So, every time she popped up on screen I would scream “BONNIE”.  I introduced Gent, Belgium to the "Bonnie Game”, as we call it at my house. Everyone loved it and joined in. I love you Bonnie!!!

Well that's it for this week. Hope  you all have a great week!  



Thanks for all your love and prayers.


Zuster Grace Acheson




Comments

Popular Posts