Week 5 in Gent, Belgium

Well it's official. I've been here for a month now and sister Weber also hit her year mark. 



This week has been crazy! This week I went on 2 exchanges and ran Gent all by myself.

Wednesday we had an exchange and the sisters from Lokeren came and stayed in Gent. We had a blast switching comps and street contacting. I was with Sister Olsen who has been out two transfers so we are both still greenies. We had an awesome experience getting a referal from someone we street contacted. Super fun and we made popcorn later that night and watched “The District” which is a missionary training DVD.


Thursday I worked some more with Sister Olsen and we had some really great contacts. That night Sister Weber and Sister Pond went up to Leiden for Mission Leadership Council, so Sister Ponds companion, Sister Diaz, came and stayed in Gent and the Lokeren sisters went home. 

Friday Sister Diaz and I worked the City. We taught a lesson on the street about education and the importance of family. It's really interesting to hear other peoples’ perspectives on families and religion. I love street contacting! It's still a little scary but I some how usually find English-speaking students. Friday night we had a dinner appointment with Jessica who served in our mission! She is super awesome and lives in Gent. The dinner was great and we had a great time.

Saturday Sister Pond and Weber were back in town and we sent off Sister Diaz and Pond. And I was back at it again with Sister Weber. 

We FINALLY got in contact and had a lesson with one of our investigators from the previous sisters. Her name is Janeita and she is from Jamacia and she is studying here. She is very open to religion and has a lot of questions and is not shy about asking her questions. It's awesome. We have an appointment with her in 2 weeks and I can't wait to teach her some more! 

Bea was sick this week so she couldn't come to church; but she is on fire. She wants to go to the temple and she wants to do her family history. Once she is a member she will be a great addition to the ward.

Sunday was really great. I have a testimony of fasting. Saturday I started my fast, fasting for new investigators and when we woke up on Sunday we had texts with referals and received more throughout the day. Fasting is amazing. When you are not eating, your spirit is more open to promptings and you have to not only spiritually rely on the Lord, you have to physically rely on him physically, too. I know that the Lord blessed us with people to find because we fasted. 

Other than having visitors for most of the week, it was a pretty normal week. 

I hope you all have a great week and I challenge you to look back at your conference notes and reread the talks. The notes you took were revelation for you and what you need to hear. Same goes for the talks. 

Salutjes! ​

Comments

Popular Posts