Week # 2 in Antwerpen, Belgium




April 16, 2018

Hallo from Antwerpen!

This week was a pretty good week. 

We spent P-day cleaning our apartment because I'm sure my one calling in this life is to clean up all the apartments in this mission.

We had no dinner appointments this week so it's been interesting cooking and eating only rice and pasta. As a missionary you don't have too much time to make food, so you just kinda stick to the basics and go. We really need to go grocery shopping.

 But we did have quesadilla night this week! it's the best day of the week! Luckily my cooking skills are improving more and more! By the time I'm done with my mission I will be going on Iron Chef America and challenge Chef Bobby Flay.

 
I have the gift reading of maps!! Our bikes were still at station this week and we had to get them back to our apartment, so we took the tram and our lovely old map of the city that is in pieces and tried to
find a way back. After mapping it out for about 40 mins we were ready to go and find our way home! We biked through the centrum and down cute little streets and got lost a few times. I really felt like a true traditional European missionary. Biking through Antwerpen reminded me of my time in France on BYU Study Abroad and also of all my mom’s mission stories of biking on cobblestones in the rain! It was super fun. 


At the end of our ride near our house we came into this huge park with a castle right next to it! it was super cool and the perfect last check point of our adventure home! Needless to say, I LOVE ANTWERPEN

This week we found a family who is interested!!! We are so excited to teach them and to help them learn the steps to become an eternal family!!!! I love being a missionary and the change that I get to see the Lord’s hand in the lives of his children. The calling that I have is so special and a blessed one. I am grateful for the opportunity I have everyday to bear my testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and of the love that Heavenly father has for his children.

We had stake conference this Sunday and it was the BEST!!!!!!!!!  I got to see my Anita from Gent. Shout out to Anita and her cute daughter Alana! I cried when I saw them! It was the best reunion ever!!!

I also got to see our new mission president and he remembered me from when I was a greenie! I just LOVE president Buysse! 

I hope you all have a great week this week! Go and seek revelation and follow the council of the prophet. He knows the way!


Love to all!

Zuster Acheson

P.S. This is Zuster Acheson's Mum.  This week my sister Bonnie and I had the opportunity to attend the mission homecoming of Zuster Acheson's trainer, Katie Weber.  Katie is beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.  She has a wonderful family.  It was an honor meeting them.


Comments

Popular Posts