Week #3 in Antwerpen, Belgium


Hallo everyone!!

This week has been SO HOT!!! It's only April and I am melting. It hit 85 degree Fahrenheit.  I have been getting sunburned like crazy. I cannot put on enough sunscreen to keep me going for 8 hours of contacting. I guess I'm going to have to start bringing it along when we go knocking. 


We had a great week of finding people! We found six new investigators and three of them are from a family!!




Lately we've been doing is finding a family once a week. It's crazy! I have never found so many people in such a short time! We found this one family from Afghanistan and they let us right in and ate up the First Vision and the Jospeh Smith story. The mother can't read because she never went to school, but she and her sons all committed to read the Book of Mormon together and to pray about the truth of it. That moment softened my heart and gave me a glimpse of a broken heart and contrite spirit. They promised to do what ever it would take to learn the word of God. We have another appointment with them this week! We are so excited and hope they keep their commitment!


The people here in Antwerpen are truly the most amazing people and I feel right at home with the Belgian people. I LOVE IT HERE.

Something that we do a lot here is park contacting. We live right next to a huge park and it is AMAZING. We love park contacting! We have been working this week on using different contacting methods and it's been fun. Good times being a missionary!! But the park is super cool and we sometimes get ice cream when we are there--a little bit of a dangerous place to be for our wallets.
This week I have trying to speak a lot of French because everyone I contact just happens to speak French. Good thing I don't remember any French anymore...

We are going on our first exchanges next week and we are so excited to spend time with our sisters!!! So keep a look out for next week with our cute sisters!!!



Well I love you all and I hope you all have a great week. 



As always I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Read it and test it. I have a testimony of the spirit of the Restoration of the gospel. it changes people lives just like the family I taught this week. I love this gospel!

Liefs,


A picture from our Mission Leadership Conference in Leiden, Netherlands
Zuster Acheson

Comments

Popular Posts