Week #4 in Antwerpen, Belgium -- HUMP DAY!


TEAM, WE MADE IT HALF WAY!

Wow. Time has truly flown. Between getting rained on, learning Dutch, riding trains, biking, laughing and crying, and feeling the Spirit I don't know where the time has gone. Before I know it I will be writing my last email. Let's not think about that right now....


This week was CRAZY!!!! We went on 2 exchanges, hit our hump day, taught SO MANY lessons, and found 10 new investigators! This was a week for the books. Now if only I were caught up on my journal....
With Zuster Harris

I went on my first exchange with Sister Harris. She is amazing!!! We were in Lokeren and we taught an investigator and jumped on her trampoline!! It was awesome!! We topped off the exchange with ice cream and home made quesadillas. 





Then we hit hump day on Thursday. We had a lesson with a less active member and opened our humpday package from my mom! She sent us Camelbak water bottles, camel earrings, an Alcoholics Anonymous prayer about camels and staying dry LOL, which you can't do in this misison #rainnydays, and I got a new dress! We celebrated by going to our favorite restaurant right next to the Antwerpen station. $5 food is where it's at!!!
With Zuster Lund

Then I went on exchanges with Sister Lund, also an amazing missionary!! We taught a lesson or two and had a great appointment with one of our new investigators! Hopefully we can get her on a baptismal date soon! We also had ice cream and made quesadillas. My quesadillas are starting to be know throughout the mission, but the real secret is that Sister Ogden actually does the inside part. I just make the tortillas. We are still the dream team.
In the Grand Place in Brussels

 Visiting the famous Mannequin Pis just outside of the Grand Place in Brussel
While waiting for our exchanges, their train was late so Sister Ogden and I went and saw the Grand Place in the center of Brussels and got some lunch and saw Mannequin Pis. It was great. Then when exchanging back we forgot to give keys back, so Sister Ogden and I went to Brussels 3 times in 1 day. I loved it! I always think of my mom when I'm in Brussels.  She served her LDS mission in Brussels and France.
Belgian frites!!!!! 
On Sunday we spent almost the whole day in the centrum of Antwerpen and we found 5 new investigators and 4 solid potentials. it was so cool to see the hand of the Lord guiding us as we searched for those who were ready to hear us. People are ready to accept the Gospel and to learn. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and the guidance I can receive. I know this work is not done by me, it is the Lord's work and I am just here to witness it. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here and to see lives change. I only have 9 months left of this!! ðŸ˜“  Time to get to grinding!

Love you all and have a great week!!!!


Zuster Acheson



Comments

Popular Posts